Saturday, April 23, 2016
What I Love About ACOTAR
I cannot believe how close we are to the release of A Court of Mist and Fury, the sequel to the amazing A Court of Thorns and Roses.
A few weeks back, the lovely people at Bloomsbury were giving away copies of ACOTAR in preparation for the release of ACOMAF. Thank you so much to Alexa for organising the giveaway. The ACOTAR read-a-long is coming up soon and if you're STILL not convinced about this series let me tell you 10 reasons why you should start...
1. It's a Beauty and the Beast retelling. I mean who DOESN'T love Beauty and the Beast? While Feyre isn't a bookworm like Belle, she is an artiste and is a brilliant painter! Beauty and the Beast is one of my favourite fairytales ever and I love reading retellings.
2. Enter faerie land - but not as you know it. It's stunning. The world of the fey is dark, sensual, dangerous and incredibly beautiful with magic and the like.
3. Experience the lush world-building that only Sarah J. Maas can achieve. The detail, the imagery! Colours, sensations, bright and dark - it's an immersive experience and Maas really takes us away from reality with her writing.
4. Feyre is badass. Feyre reminds me a bit of Celaena if you crossed her with Katniss :D very snarky much survival.
5. Sarah writes the most delicious men. There's Lucien. Then there's Tamlin. AND THEN THERE'S RHYSAND. Wow how to even choose a ship to get on board with?!
6. Lucien. A sassy, handsome specimen from the Autumn Court. He's like Tamlin's bestie and wingman.
7. Tamlin. Fierce and protective and sweet and selfless. One ship.
8. Rhysand. Hnnnng Rhys. Darkly seductive, what ARE his ulterior motives? You guys know I love my dark, conflicted guys. Two ship!
9. It's sexy you guys. High fantasy new adult done right.
10. YOU WILL GET THE FEELS. GUARANTEED. FEELS. WHAT ELSE CAN YOU ASK FOR OTHER THAN FEELS?