I read a total of 5 books in October and they were generally quite enjoyable
- Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1) by Rick Riordan - I was pleasantly surprised by Magnus, my review here
- What We Left Behind by Robin Talley - this was highly disappointing, read my review here
- Angel (Angel #1) by LA Weatherly - a bit overhyped for me. The romance was waaaay too sappy
- Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Lyla Payne - so impressed by this different and sweet style of NA. I'm definitely checking out more of Lyla's stuff.
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff- of course. What else would I rate it?
I actually loved Illuminae so much I made some graphics for it. If you'd like a particular size for a wallpaper or something just leave a comment and I can make it for you :)
These are some of my favourite quotes from the book. Ezra is smooth guys. So smooth. His charm is off the charts.
iPhone 5/5s/6/6s wallpaper
Books I bought and received:
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling and illustrated by Jim Kay
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- The Girl with All the Gifts by MR Carey
- Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes #2) by Sara Raasch
- The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2) by Marie Lu - shit you guys do NOT read the synopsis for this if you haven't read TYE. I got spoiled so badly like this
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler - I have heard nothing but praise for this
- Captive Prince (Captive Prince #1) by CS Pacat - I saw a post about this on tumblr and had to get it
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - I went to the signing for this yay
- Signs Point to Yes by Sandy Hall - I got this as a surprise in the mail from PanMac Aus, I love that the cover is the same style as A Little Something Different
- When We Collided by Emery Lord - thanks Sonia/Bloomsbury Sydney
- Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers - thanks Sonia/Bloomsbury Sydney
- Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George - thanks Sonia/Bloomsbury Sydney
- Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Lyla Payne (manuscript) - thanks Sonia/Bloomsbury Sydney
As I mentioned last week, I got to interview Lyla Payne when she came to Sydney, thanks to Sonia and Bloomsbury Sydney (Genevieve!). Sonia also gave us an awesome bag of goodies.
Highlights - I mentioned these in my previous weekly wrap-ups
- Dinner and dessert with Jess @ My Reading Dress
- BIGBANG [MADE] tour in Sydney concert
- Interviewing Lyla Payne with Joy @ Thoughts by J at the Bloomsbury Sydney office
- Illuminae launch party at Dymocks Sydney
- The Imperial Russian Ballet Company performing Swan Lake
- Helping out with a fundraiser trivia night where I also designed the website for collecting donations, selling raffle tickets and auction items - if you'd like to read about the cause and donate, click here
Currently Reading: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer - preparing for Winter!
Watching: I just recently finished watching the Korean drama Who Are You: School 2015. It was SO good. It breaks all the K-drama stereotypes with a love square. It's about high school life and bullying and it's just realistic and on point.