Let's be honest guys, Fiction in Fiction in Fiction has been slow going for ages. If I want to be brutally honest, it's been a slow-going blog from the start. This isn't the first time that I've expressed my concern of not being able to churn out posts at a more frequent rate. I struggle with getting 1 post out a week these days. I used to manage 2 and even on my best weeks those were hard.
So I've looked at this long and hard, done a sort of root cause analysis and I've come to a conclusion:
- It's a time thing - work has me absolutely drained, I won't go into the full detail that when I first started blogging I was already doing full time work + uni maintaining grades
- But not just a time thing - for a while I just got demotivated from reading so many review copies that I took a break and tried to read more of my own books. In doing so that meant I didn't put as many reviews on the blog (as I only review books I request for reasons)
- I know I don't have as much capacity to read now so I request less. I read less review copies I churn out less reviews on the blog. Endless cycle.
- However, reviews only take up so much space on a blog. Just posting reviews isn't ideal for me, there should be other posts too
- But I don't have any ideas of what these other posts could be
Thus, your help is required.
Tell me what kind of posts you'd like to see on my blog other than reviews.
Some fellow bloggers have suggested I post life updates (as random as they may be), book hauls + wrap ups (I used to do these but stopped), even makeup reviews (thanks Jeann lol).
Would you guys like to see any of these? I don't want to deviate too much from being a book blog, so any bookish post ideas you want my opinion on would also greatly be appreciated.
I'm reaching out to you because I blog not only for myself, but for you, my readers. I want to be creating content that interests you :D