This week, my question to you is: do you re-read books?
Once upon a time I used to re-read books ALL the time. Back before I discovered the YA community and found all these fabulous new releases, I'd be constantly re-reading Harry Potter and Vampire Academy. I've probably read books 1-4 of HP like 15 times, DH 2-3 times and Vampire Academy (books 1 and 3) like 5-6 times!
These days however, I just don't have the time to re-read a book. I feel that, because there's so much out there and have you seen my TBR pile? I can barely make a dent in that, so I just can't re-read.
Well what's the point of buying/owning books then you may ask? While I don't re-read the whole book, I re-read my favourite parts. When I hit a reading slump, or am in need of some feels, I need a good book that can get me going again. I look to my TBR, but well... since I haven't read any of them, how will I know it's gonna be good? Hence I turn to some of my favourites and re-read my favourite bits.
Some of my favourite re-read bits include:
- Vampire Academy (actually, there have been a few times where I wanted to just read the opening chapter and end up reading/skimming the whole book!) and Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead (the fight scenes and cabin scene omggg)
- Deity and Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout have some amazing emotional scenes with steamy/sexytimes (; and those fights too!
- That epic battle scene in Heir of Fire, there are heaps but there's that particular one that makes me bawl my eyes out and crack open my heart
- The Prince's Tale and The Battle of Hogwarts from Deathly Hallows
- The epilogue of Clockwork Princess - I save this when I'm ready for a good cry
- Ignite Me Chapter 55 - sweet baby Jesus no explanation required
- These Broken Stars 75% of the way through - refer to note on Clockwork Princess
What are your favourite book re-reads?