Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and every week bloggers post about books they’ve added to their bookshelves! This includes books bought through a physical store, online store, eBooks, books borrowed from the library/a friend and gifts.
On Monday I had lunch with the lovely Manda, the YA publicist from HarperCollinsAU. We had a pretty awesome lunch at this steak/roast place inside Sydney Westfield. Manda had this huge beef burger (sandwich?) that she said had a million slices of beef LOL. I had a delicious medium steak with chips and salad and these awesome grilled mushrooms *drools*
Anyway, Manda surprised me with a bag of books. For those that have been following my STS, you'll know I met another publicist not long ago who also gave me books - I just want to state now before you make assumptions that I DO NOT meet these publicists with the hidden agenda of expecting free books. That has never, and never will be, my reason for meeting publicists/book people. I want to meet them because I've genuinely enjoyed talking to them (online or otherwise) and really want to discuss books with and love their company (I also love new lunch buddies). I'm extremely grateful to them for bringing me books though but I don't expect them to do it. Don't get me wrong, I love getting free books, but I do feel hella guilty because I've got such a huge pile and there's a chance I won't get around to the unsolicited copies for ages (if ever).
- Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike (Paranormal) - after my bad experience with my first ever Pike novel (Earthbound), I was told this is much better!
- Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown (Self-help) - well this is uh... unusual. I've never read a self-help book before so I don't know how this will go.
- The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil #1) by Soman Chainani (Middle Grade Fantasy) - this looks cute, I like the anime/cartoon style cover
- The Lure by Lynne Ewing (Contemporary) - is about gangs... I dunno what to think of this. *izscared*
- All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry (Mystery) - THIS LOOKS AMAZING OMG
Thank you Manda/HarperCollins Australia for these babies <3
Requested for Review:
- Every Breath by Ellie Marney (Mystery) - IT'S AUSSIE YA AND BASED ON SHERLOCK HOLMES, TWO OF THE GREATEST THINGS EVER *runs around*
I also entered an Allen & Unwin competition on Facebook and won this :DDD
- If You Were Here by Alafair Burke (Adult Mystery) - looks really intriguing!
Thanks to Allen & Unwin for these books <3
SO... BOOKS GUYS?