Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and every week bloggers post about books they’ve added to their bookshelves! This includes books bought through a physical store, online store, eBooks, books borrowed from the library/a friend and gifts.
I think this is turning into a fortnightly thing for me lol, not that I'm complaining, my Sundays/weekends in general are getting to be really busy now.
I've had two mini-bookish events happen in the past 2 weeks - one I'll mention below and the other I'll talk about here:
So on August 1st, I met Amie Kaufman, co-author of These Broken Stars (Starbound #1)! She was in Sydney for a few hours and when she announced her short trip on Twitter I sort of just assaulted her online HAHA. We had lunch and talked about publishing, awesome books and of course These Broken Stars. Amie is full of awesome and so funny! I could totally see how she's the voice behind sarcastic Tarver. Amie and Meagan are also quite evil as they apparently laugh at people's reactions to certain events in the book. Anyway, I was lucky enough to have been approved for the eARC last week (woohoo thanks Disney-Hyperion) and finished TBS the night before meeting Amie so we could discuss - AND YOU GUYS TBS IS GORGEOUS AND FULL OF FEELS AND 4.5/5 <3 So you should all look out for it's release in November (Aus) and December (US) *nods* Lilac and Tarver *hums*
From Edelweiss (oops I'd previously written NG my bad; BUT YAY MY FIRST EVER EDELWEISS APPROVAL):
Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5) by Cora Carmack (Adult Contemporary) - this was AMAZING omg 5/5 Garrick Taylor! I'll have my review up on the release day launch August 13th (((:
Thanks to William Morrow Publishing for this eARC <3
Just this Tuesday I had the privilege of meeting Sonia, the publicist for YA, from Bloomsbury Sydney! We gushed about Trish Doller,
- The Bone Season (The Bone Season #1) by Samantha Shannon (Adult Dystopian)
- When Mr Dog Bites by Brian Conaghan (Contemporary)
Thanks to Bloomsbury Sydney for these review copies/ARCs <3
- Cipher (Cipher #1) by Cindi Madsen (Paranormal) - I have no idea what this is but I saw it for 99c and snagged it lol.
- The Darkest Part by Trisha Wolfe (Contemporary) - I absolutely love Trisha so I had to get this (:
And these arrived in the mail ^_^
- The Forgotten Ones (The Danaan Trlogy #1) by Laura Howard (Paranormal/Fantasy) - I received an ARC of this from the author a while back but never got around to reading it so I just decided to buy the physical copy
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (Contemporary)
- Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins (Paranormal) - 2/5, I sadly didn't enjoy this but I love Wendy!
- A Tale of Two Centuries (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #2) by Rachel Harris (Historical/Time-travel)
- Unbreakable (Unravelling #2) by Elizabeth Norris (Sci-fi) - THAT COVER <3
- Camp Boyfriend (Camp Boyfriend #1) by J.K. Rock (Contemporary) - 3.5/5 quite enjoyable