Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where, each week, a Top Ten list is posted based on a particular topic.
So I've decided to hop on the Top Ten Tuesday bandwagon :D
This week's Top Ten:
Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun~
In no particular order:
- Losing It (Losing It #1) by Cora Carmack (Contemporary/New Adult) - despite being NA, this is a real feel good book that I enjoyed. Garrick gives me ALL the warm fuzzy feelings!
- Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1) by Stephanie Perkins (Contemporary) - Etienne St. Clair "French name, English accent, American school", need I say more?
- The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer #1) by Jenny Han (Contemporary) - a great summer read
- My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #1) by Rachel Harris (Historical/Fantasy) - travelling back in time to Renaissance Florence, this was fun, cute and a really nice historical read
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (Contemporary) - this is like YA high on pot. The prose is extremely poetic and the whole book was just plain trippy (in a good way)
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Sisterhood #1) by Ann Brashares (Contemporary) - one of my favourite series of all time such an amazing story about friendship
- Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1) by Miranda Kenneally (Contemporary) - sporty and light
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (Contemporary) - cute summer read
- Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon #1) by Anna Banks (Paranormal) - not THE lightest book but it had some really funny moments and overall it was fun and I liked Banks' take on mermaids
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (Fairy tales/childrens) - a little young but I love this nonetheless!