This week's haul is pretty damn amazing even if I do say so myself :D
Yesterday, my friends @smile_dorklin, @runswithundead and I all went to the city for a catch-up! Whewwww it was amazing, I hadn't seen @runswithundead in over 2 years (since high school graduation :P) and we did this awesome book swap. (I lent @smile_dorklin Hannah Harrington's Speechless which was in last week's StS, TFiOS, Slammed/PoR by Colleen Hoover and Pushing the Limits; @runswithdead I lent Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, Jandy Nelson's The Sky is Everywhere, UtNS so she can finally finally read it and Everything Left Unsaid by Jessica Davidson.) We had lunch, walked around (and took pictures with this HUGE rubber duck in Sydney's Darling Harbour), and hung out at Sydney's largest bookstore, Kinokuniya, for AGES :DDDD
For the week ending 20th January...
My friend @runswithundead lent to me:
- My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers #1) by Rachel Vincent (Paranormal) - everybody's been talking about Soul Screamers and I wasn't sure I would like the concept but @runswithundead assures me it's awesome. She's also letting me keep this copy so THANK YOU MUNCHKIN <3
- The Assassin's Curse (The Assassin's Curse #1 by Cassandra Rose Clarke (Fantasy) - because she thinks it's awesome
- Wither (The Chemical Garden #1) by Lauren DeStefano (Dystopia) - I'd read the sample of this online and thought it was interesting but didn't think it was quite worth buying
- A Need So Beautiful (A Need So Beautiful #1) by Suzanne Young (Paranormal) - @runswithundead mentioned how much she loved this and how she cried so we'll see :P
- Sweet Evil (The Sweet Evil Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins (Paranormal) - I'd seen this around before but wasn't sure I wanted to read because it's another girls-in-dresses cover which I sort of avoid as it tells me nothing about the book other than the fact that there's assumably a hot female and male lead. However, the author followed me on twitter and I sort of want to read their books if they follow me... I've heard mixed reviews about this - the concept is a bit weird etc. but I'm confident the writing is good!
My biggest thanks and hugs to @runswithundead for lending (and giving) me this swag!
My bank account gave to me:
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Literature) - I can't believe I haven't read this yet either. I'd previously bought a really cheap $2 copy from The Book Depository but it's horrible: chapters don't start on a new page but continue on from the last and it's so annoying!
- Just One Day (Just One Day #1) by Gayle Forman (Contemporary/New Adult) - @runswithundead and @smile_dorklin saw me spazz when I saw this and Black City at Kino. I was like "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW OMG" legit. Been waiting for Just One Day for AGES! It was torture watching everybody on Twitter do the Penguin read-a-thon. But I finally have it and I'm putting everything aside to read this :D
- Black City (Black City #1) by Elizabeth Richards (Dystopia/Paranormal) - ohmygoodness been looking for this since before it was released! It's been 4 months since I first heard about it, watched it get released then watched as people finished it and started getting ARCs for Phoenix. This goes up my tbr pile and I'll be reading this straight after Just One Day!
Awww yeah I also came home with this baby. Due to the sheer amount of eBooks being published nowadays I realised I really needed to get an eReader... I'd been reading on the computer/phone/iPod and my eyes were starting to HURT :( now I could have gotten a Kindle which I considered (since I buy all my eBooks through Amazon Kindle), but I have an Apple account, and I wanted to utilise the apps AND watch videos! So an iPad mini was definitely for me - light enough to carry everywhere and read in bed without worry of a nosebleed if it falls on my face (it fell on my face last night) but big enough to see everything <3
Oh oh and...
Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry (Contemporary/New Adult) - I got this through NetGalley and I finished it this morning (: I'll be writing my review for it straight after this blog post and it'll be up closer to the release date :P
A huge thanks goes to Harlequin UK for this NetGalley
What did you guys all get this week?